Strategic Game UX Designer
UX is at the heart of game development answering questions such as:
- Who our players are?
- Why they play our games?
- Can they have the experience we want them to have?
There’s also another side to it – can the people working on the games do their work efficiently and sustainably?
In my daily work I strive to answer all of these questions through research and experimentation as well as solving any arising issues by creating tools and processes as well as educating the people involved on the relevant concepts and issues.
My background in human computer interactions and usability coupled with consulting in software and robotics means I work together in different kinds of teams often acting as a bridge between disciplines. Empathy and passion drive everything I do and have caused me to work on great games, give talks on game UX, and build communities around game UX.
Examples of my work
Menu navigation and Quick Chat system for all…
Style guide and interactive menu prototypes to ease…
In-game tool for giving feedback to the team.…
Visual listening guides for the Polytech Orchestra‘s programme notes.…
Other professional milestones
- Building the GRUX Finland group into a vibrant and active community
- A talk on Prototyping in Trine 4 at the Game UX Summit ’19 (October, 2019)
- Appeared on the Game UX Podcast (recorded at the Game UX Summit ’19)
- A workshop on the basics of Games User Research (February, 2020)
- A workshop on creating visual listening guides (February, 2020)
- A talk on the basics of UX and UR in games at IGDA Finland event (in Helsinki, March 2020)
- Appeared on Happy Market Research podcast and talked about the Rise of Esports and how Consumer Insights can Help (September 2020)
- A talk on Building a UX Process from Scratch at GRUX Online 2020 (November 2020)
- A talk on Why doing the boring stuff you think is not your job, really is your job at #gamesUR Summit 2021 (May 2021)
- Chair of GRUX Online 2020 and GRUX Online 2021